Find out about the advantages of becoming a member
The Commission is actively recruiting members from across the industry, education, charities, local authorities and NGO’s. Join us in our work to improving air quality. We have created five working groups chaired by leading academics and top industry experts. Each working group focusses on its own research goals. They will report their findings and recommendations to the board of the Commission which will then putting these to Parliament.
‘The Westminster Commission for Road Air Quality (WCRAQ) will bring together the leading voices of the sector to look into the main challenges and opportunities around improving transport-related air pollution in the UK. This problem is a crucial issue for the health of people and the environment. Only by bringing the greatest minds together that we’ll be able to solve it,’ commented Barry Sheerman.
The Commission consists of five working parties:
Air Quality Monitoring – Chair: Professor Roland Leigh, Earthsense
Air Health – Chair: Professor Stephen Holgate, Southampton University
Planning – Chair: Louise Brooke Smith, Consilio Strategic Consultancy
Alternative Fuels and Vehicles – Chair: Richard Wenham, Central Bedford Council
Education – Chair: Trewin Ristoric, Hubbub
Associate Professor James Tate, University of Leeds acts as research coordinator managing the central Road Air Quality research hub.
By becoming a member of the Commission, you and your organisation can help change the current situation for the better while enjoying a whole host of adventages.
Advantages of becoming a member:
- learn to understand and influence air quality policy.
- experience the kudos of being part of a Westminster associated group.
- network and associate with industry leaders.
- use the commission logo on their email signature.
- invited to attend Commission-related events in Westminster.
- have access to a maximum of two Working Parties depending on professional expertise.
- access the research hub.
Advantages of becoming a corporate member:
- will help members understand the policy, which will positively affect business.
- provides the capacity to influence policy going forward.
- includes extensive networking opportunities with leading professional across many fields.
- allows access to relevant events in future and with individuals involved across the air quality group.
- includes coverage in Fleet Vision International magazine, the official journal of the Commission
- right to use of Affiliated Member logo on all communications.
- access to as many working groups as required.
Specific additional benefits for corporate membership:
- 10% discount on all advertising in Fleet Vision International
- Sponsorship opportunities for future events.
To become a member, contact Jason Pidgeon at email@example.com , tel 07734 678510