Find out about the advantages of becoming a member
The Commission is actively recruiting members from the industry, education, charities, local authorities and NGOs. Join us in our work to improve air quality. We have created five working groups chaired by leading academics and top industry experts. Each working group focuses on its own research goals. They will report their findings and recommendations to the board of the Commission, which will then put these to Parliament.
‘The Westminster Commission for Road Air Quality (WCRAQ) will bring together the leading voices of the sector to look into the main challenges and opportunities around improving transport-related air pollution in the UK. This problem is crucial for people’s and the environment’s health. By bringing the greatest minds together, we’ll be able to solve it,’ commented Barry Sheerman.
The Commission consists of five working parties:
Air Quality Monitoring – Chair: Ralph Wilce, Wijs Air
Air Health – Chair: Professor Stephen Holgate, University of Southampton
Planning & Infrastructure – Chair: Professor Peter Roberts, Chair NI Housing Executive
Energy, Fuels and Vehicles – Chair: Jason Airey, Managing Director at CMS SupaTrak
Education – Chair: Larissa Lockwood, Global Action Plan
By becoming a member of the Commission, your organisation can help change the current situation for the better while enjoying a host of advantages.
Who is already a WCRAQ member?
- Arriva Digital
- BM Catalysts
- Bucher Municipal
- City of London Corporation
- CMS SupaTrak
- CoGDEM – Council of Gas Detection and Environmental Monitoring
- Executive Consultancy Services ltd
- Commercial Air Filtration
- Pollution Solution
- Dennis Eagle
- Eddie Cross – Prosolution
- Electra Commercial Vehicles
- Element 4
- Enviro Technology Services
- Faun Zoeller
- Fuel Experts Association
- GPS Marine
- Green Biofuels Ltd
- Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Charity
- Imperial College (Dr Ian Mudway)
- NRG Fleet Services
- Professor Philip Evans, GP and Primary, University of Exeter
- Queen Mary University of London (Professor Jonathan Grigg)
- Renault Trucks UK
- Siemens Mobility
- Thomas Group
Advantages of becoming a member:
- Learn to understand and influence air quality policy.
- Experience the kudos of being part of a Westminster-associated group.
- Network and associate with industry leaders.
- Use the commission logo on their email signature.
- Be invited to attend Commission-related events in Westminster.
- Have access to a maximum of two Working Parties depending on professional expertise.
- Access the research hub.
Advantages of becoming a corporate member:
- Will help members understand the policy, which will positively affect business.
- Provides the capacity to influence policy going forward.
- Includes extensive networking opportunities with leading professionals across many fields.
- Allows access to relevant events in future and with individuals involved across the air quality group.
- Includes coverage in Fleet Vision International magazine, the official journal of the Commission
- Right to use of Affiliated Member logo on all communications.
- Access to as many working groups as required.
Specific additional benefits for corporate membership:
- 10% discount on all advertising in Fleet Vision International
- Sponsorship opportunities for future events
- Admission to the Annual Parliamentary Reception, Terrace Pavilion, Houses of Parliament
To become a member, contact Jason Pidgeon at;
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 7734 678510